Thursday, December 20, 2012

Star Wars Uncut: Empire Strikes Back

Howdy folks!  I hope everyone's Holidays are gearing up to be great.  I'll be spending mine here in Texas, with warm weather and dirt, but the family always makes it seem like a perfect Holiday Movie.

Anyway, I had been attempting to clear out some projects so I would have time to do this, and thankfully the boat didn't sail.

So, officially, I have picked up a scene for the latest iteration of 'Star Wars Uncut'.  This doesn't mean I actually get to have my scene in the feature, but I'm just happy I have the time to throw down for the spot.  The scene I chose is the part where Luke slashes open a hatch on an AT-AT and then throws a thermal detonator or something in it to make it go boom.

I will be attempting to keep a pretty detailed account of how I go about doing this scene, from character designs, to set pieces, and story boards to animation.  So you folks will finally get to see some of the crap I do...  Yay!

So, day one... morning one...  whatever, I scraped up some time between animations for the upcoming Jack Reacher review on Spill.com and sketched out my version of Luke, for the animation.  More is coming soon!




No comments: