Saturday, February 6, 2010

Covers, Covers, Everywhere!




This was an awesome experiment. In one of the best thought out challenges (IMO) in Ten Ton Studio's Sketch Challenge History(quickly becoming a constant practice ground for my artwork), a contestant chose to emulate a classic comic book cover and put an artist's spin on it. This meant a lot to me because it forced me to wrk within somebody else's game plan. To try to find weak spots to fix and strengths to add to my own artwork. In the end, I had a lot of fun and felt my artwork grow. The respective covers are beauties drawn by Travis Charest(Battle Chasers #1 Variant), Tim Bradstreet(Punisher #?) and David Williams(Marvel Adv. Fantastic Four #16).
I did my best to bring to the table what I thought would be cool and interesting regardless of the story(the reason they did what they did).

No comments: